6.16.2011

Fabric Decor

I have had these 99 cent wooden rings for awhile now and have been meaning to use them for some kind of decor for my Craft Corner:) I decided to use these for some color inspiration on a wall.


I was able to sneak away to Hobby Lobby on my break today and picked up some fun fabrics:


I had seen some other people put fabric into the wooden rings so I just kind of decided to jump right in and it ended up being super simple. The first thing I did was iron the fabric because it had some wrinkles. Then, I unscrewed the two pieces and placed one ring under the fabric. I pulled it tight and placed the other ring right on top.



\


I tried to use some hot glue but it didn't end up working too well so I just kept it like this. I tightened the screw as far as it would go and trimmed around the edges. Here is how they turned out....

So, if you are looking for a fun way to decorate a room of any kind here is a great inexpensive way to make your own fabric decor!

5 comments:

  1. You did it....how fun !! Can't wait to see a photo of them on the wall. Yippee.....

    PS....invest in white fabric glue called Alleen's Tacky glue. Just run a thin bead of it inside the wooden ring before you put the fabric in the ring. That secures the fabric and it dries clear. It is a seamstress' best friend and you won't burn your fingers !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Love them. Great job! They are going to look so cute in your craft corner. Can't wait to see a pic of then crafty spot!
    keresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, beth-- those look great! i do the same thing with fabric and old picture frames-- if the frame is fugly i just cover the whole thing with the fabric square and hot glue to the back. cute frame, just insert the fabric. easy and cheep is the way to go:) i will have to try this cuz i love it! and then my fabric covered squares will have some cute fabric-filled circles to hang out with:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bethy you are adorable

    ReplyDelete